Tuesday, May 6, 2008

DoZ BLooGgiNGG aFFeCt stuDentz!?

The impact of technology is affecting students writing skills, the text messaging (“LOL”) and informal expressions of emotions (“:)”) has gradually affected students formal writing. The use of blogging for class purposes is personal helping me become a prolific writer. Most bloggers write outside of school for personal reasons like me which in return blogging becomes essential in my development as a writer. Before I the practice of blogging I would text message and communicate through the use of computers and cell phones and would spend more time writing to my friends then writing for school. I think the blogging in many ways cultivate a style of writing that combines informal and formal.
The writing students post on their blogs is actually better then their school writing. I think the blog writing is a better test of a student’s writing capabilities and intellectual comprehension. When a student writes for their own blog students are motivated to write because they enjoy writing for an audience through topics that are relevant to their interests. It gives them the same artistic creative freedom that writing to their friends gives them. Blogging is the use of an informal writing in a formal setting. Without blogging students tend to use informal and improper punctuation, grammar, and capitalization in their formal assignments. The blogging is a writing class free to the students. When posting a blog most students understand their writing is going to be read by a wide audience instead of a teacher and revise and edit any mistakes or certain pieces of their material. The students that maintain a blog improve the quality of their writing because they are constantly writing. The blog unnoticeably by the student does have a great impact on their writing.
Blogging blends the personal and the public, for example the blogger is the primary audience and the blogging the blogger does is for a public audience. The blogger is able to reflect his reasons, ideas, experiences, arguments, and collaborations to a public audience rather then having a personal journal. For some, the blogging is a continuation of their personal journals that make help to personally grow and develop as a writer. At the beginning of the class we were asked to maintain a blog by posting two blogs a week. At first I haven’t had the slightest idea as to why we need to maintain a blog. Towards the end of the class I have noticed that through blogging I have developed my writing. I actually enjoyed am writing regularly and constantly improving my writing and critical thinking skills.

No comments: